6 chicken wings
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Thumb sized piece of root ginger, finely chopped
3 tbsp mustard seeds
3 tbsp spicy mustard oil
juice of 2 limes
- Marinate the chicken wings with the lime juice and the chopped clove of garlic for 4 hours
- Place the marinated chicken side by side in a shallow pan, and cover with a little water, and simmer gently for 30 minutes
- While doing this, fry the mustard seeds in the mustard oil. When lightly toasted, remove them from the pan and fry the ginger for a few minutes until golden.
- Turn the heat under the chicken to high to lightly reduce the sauce, then stir in the mustard seeds and ginger.
- When the meat is tender, serve with thick bread of potatoes.