4 Gammon Steaks
275ml Somerset Cider
1 tablespoon honey
1 dessertspoon Colman's English Mustard powder
2-3 slices fresh pineapple, about 1cm thick, cubed
- Cut incisions into the gammon steaks around the fat side, about 5cm apart, then place them in a fairly deep baking tray.
- Pour over most of the cider, drizzle with the honey, then evenly coat the gammon steaks with the mustard by placing the powder in a sieve and gently tapping the sides.
- Place the tray under a very hot grill and cook until everything is sizzling (about 10 minutes)
- Remove the steaks from the tray and keep them warm on plates.
- Place the tray back on a high heat, and whisk together a little more cider with the cubed pineapple. Once mixed pour over the gammon and serve with potatos.
This recipe and many others are available in the Colman's Mustard Cookbook by Paul Hartley.
Click the image to buy it now for just £3.99 (RRP £7.99)