2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8 pork sausages
450g pork belly, diced
500ml medium cider
1 heaped teaspoon Colman's Mustard Powder with Tarragon & thyme
1 vegetable stock cube
3 bay leaves
200g broad beans
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the sausages and pork belly and cook until just browned
- Transfer the mixture from the pan into a large casserole dish and add the cider, crumbled stock cube, mustard powder and bay leaves.
- Season with black pepper and cook for 30 mins uncovered (200c/400F/Gas 6)
- Remove casserole from oven and stir in the beans, return the casserole to the oven for another 30 minutes
- When cooked, remove casserole from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice or sweet potato chips.
This recipe and many others are available in the Colman's Mustard Cookbook by Paul Hartley.
Click the image to buy it now for just £3.99 (RRP £7.99)